A consistent question in the studio (along with what do you do with that 35# dumbbell) is: what do I put on my face, specifically makeup.
Before we get to those delicious deets, lemme give you my guidelines:
- First, like Pres. O, I try to limit unnecessary choices on work days so that my *chooser* is fresh and strong for the more important topics (like, which custom ingredients to mix for your personalized serum). So, I have a distinct go-to process for my skincare, makeup, morning coffee, food prep … whatever I need to have to get through my day without having to *over think.*
- K.I.S.S. is another motto: Keep It Simple, Sweetie. Since my workdays are driven by timed increments, I know exactly how long it will take me to apply, touch-up, reapply.
- Speaking of touch-ups, that’s a definite requirement: I need products that are layerable, stackable and easy to reapply for my 12 hour days.
- I’ve evolved this list as new products come on the scene AND as my skin has changed: I’ve got more nooks and crannies so I don’t want anything that cakes or creases.
- Also, makeup ingredients have come a LONG way. I love that today’s makeup can hydrate, correct, replenish, tone AND provide coverage. All the makeup I use provides protection for my skin from LA’s crazy environmental debris and oxidative stress.
Ok, let’s play makeup!
Here’s a major key: you gotta start with a cleansed, consistently treated and well-hydrated canvas. That’s it; that’s the tweet. To get here, refer back to this post about monthly facials 🙂
- I begin with the Osmosis Luminous Primer … it’s hydrating and light reflecting properties allow for skin-smoothing blur.
- Next, I work with the new Flawless Concealer. So many shades! I actually use a few, depending on what I need to cover.
- Occasionally, I use the thinnest line of Midnight Accent Defining Liner at the lash line on top and more thickness of Cocoa on the bottom of my eye (this amazing liner is easy to apply, blend with a brush AND it’s waterproof!).
- Grande mascara (I love the curling version)
- Voilà Finishing Loose Powder (I use translucent) with the powerful benefits of Asiatica to both absorb oil and hydrate (ohhhh, the magicks!)
- Lip pencil choice is my *pop* of color topped with the Superfood Lip Oil (yes, *finally* back in stock).
- Midday: I mix Luminous with Protect or Sorella’s Tint 2 for SPF (sometimes I prefer Protect’s velvety, clear finish to the tint; sometimes I crave the moisture and tint Sorella’s lush SPF provides).
- Late Afternoon: I apply Nourish … mostly to the skin under my mask that becomes dehydrated from the paper of the mask and my breath. And, yeah, usually I put some Luminous in there.
Do I do this everyday? Heck, no! Mostly because I try to sneak product tests and treatments in between your appointments 😉
But, when I do make time for Luminous, mascara and lip pencil/oil, I feel so much more confident, put together and ready for the day. Even super heroes wear a little armor 😉