What’s the best exfoliation for the bikini zone?
Quick Answer: salicylic acid toners & serums
- if you get clogged follicles (aka bumps), NEVER pick, poke or prod.
- whatever you choose, treat your skin gently.
- if it is a single bump, first apply ice to the area.
- i recommend fine sea salt to use as a physical exfoliant.
- then, apply salicylic acid in a toner, toner pad, serum or moisturizer (like this one!). do not rinse off. (apply 3-4x/week in the morning or evening)
- (salicylic acid should not be used in a cleanser; it needs to be left on your skin)
- apply moisture as needed to hydrate & protect your skin.
- clay or enzyme masks are deep cleaning treats (use 1-2x/week)
- contraindications: do a patch test if you’re sensitive to aspirin & do not use if pregnant.
- remember: be gentle and NEVER, ever, ever pick, poke or prod your skin
if you dig this, you might wanna check out:
and, sign up for the occasional newsletter … you’ll get skin care tips that i only share with my clients and be entered to win fab prizes … it’s so easy!
common sense disclaimer: i am not a doctor or a therapist. so if you need immediate medical attention, please call your health professional.