our very first #chillasanahhh pose is the all-important *legs up the wall* (aka viparita karani). this chill pose delivers max benes for minimal effort.
how to do it: literally, lay on the floor and put your legs up the wall … soooo easy!
- in the above pic, i’ve placed my right hand on my heart center and my left hand on my lower abdomen. this often provides a warm, relaxing feeling. you can also try cactus arms, put your arms overhead in a Y or just allow your arms to fall to your sides with palms up
- let’s get to the good stuff →→→ the BENEFITS:
- fab for improving circulatory flow, especially after standing all dang day (hellooooo!)
- also great for relieving cranky, achy feet and ankles … i like to do slow flexi/points as well as ankle rolls (will help relieve swollen ankles & tootsies too)
- got lower back tension? start with this pose … you’ll also gently stretch your hammies and relax your pelvic floor
- this pose will also slow your roll … we are always moving forward, go go GO! but sometimes ya gotta stop, drop & legs up to reflect, recharge & rejuvenate your bod, soul & mind
- ready to go pro? slide a firm bolster or rolled blankets under your hips. that will give you an *ayurvedic facelift* thanks to the improved circulatory flow … you’re welcome! ❤️
stay tuned for future restorative and recovery poses like child’s pose, lightening bolt and supported wheel plus i’ll include pics & tips on props to cradle & support your achin’ bones. meanwhile, hit me up with questions or comment/email with your favorite cool down stretches.